16 May, 2014

Tracking Tags - Gabe's little plastic saviours

16 May 2014
741

R. Linda:

After many years of, "Hon, do you know where I left me phone?" And "Hon, I can't seem to locate me wallet," or, "Hey hon, did you see me mobile phone?" and "I know I parked in that section over there but I don't see our car," there comes an early Father's Day present because the wife said to let this continue until June was just nuts. She got me an app that finds your keys, your wallet and your car. Yes, it does and I found it has other uses too!

For $39.99 this app can be yours. The funny thing about this phone app was that I thought I was the only brain-damaged man in the world who misplaces stuff. But no, when I went to download the app, I was like person number 39,489! So I be not alone. And it is so freaking easy, just stick the tag on anything that goes MIA and you, yes YOU, are in business. And the things don't just beep they have little LED lights that flash too! I am impressed can ya tell?

"The pleasure in owning such an app is that now that I have it I probably won't misplace anything ever again," I said with glee, "you know Murphy's Law."

I spoke too soon. But the good news is I know the app works.

Last Wednesday we went to the mall to get a baby present for Tonya's sister-in-law who is having her first baby. Well, before we left, I couldn't find me wallet. I just pressed a button on me mobile phone and I heard a beeping sound on the other side of me house. There it was in the laundry room where I had pulled it out to wash a pair of jeans. To make matters worse I couldn't then locate me keys which I thought I might have left in the pair of jeans I threw into the wash. But they had no keys in their pockets and I looked in the washer and nothing. Easy-peasy, click on me mobile phone and guess what? Beeping in the kitchen -- I had left them on the counter. GREAT.

So off to the mall, we go and I misplace the car. I had dropped Tonya off to get a parking space so she wouldn't have to walk a great distance. Well, when we came out I couldn't remember what I did with the car. And I realised I must have left me keys in the car so I couldn't press the button for the lights to flash. But easy-peasy, click the tab on me phone and beep, beep, beep and there was me car and inside beeping away were me keys! Luckily I didn't lock the car and even luckier no one stole it.

The only problem I had the next morning was I couldn't locate me Smartphone. I had no clue where I put it. Since everything worked off the phone I was in a quandary until the wife got me keys and pressed the tag and guess what? Me car was beeping, me wallet was beeping, and me smartphone was beeping on the coffee table in the living room where I left it the night before, I tell ya! Everything was beeping and then . . . I couldn't shut it off!

So I took the tag off the offending keys and put it on the dog along with all the other tags and I let the beeping dog out. Yes, I did. She went outside beeping and flashing around the woods and well, I have since found I can put a tag on the telly remote, I can put a tag on the kiddos, I can put a tag on just about anything I happen to misplace. Yes, I can.

It is quite a trick when your keys can find your wallet and your wallet your phone, your phone your car, and your car your kids, and your kids your dog, and it goes on down the line. Yes, I ordered more tags for just about EVERYTHING I might happen to forget where I put that item or person, or dog or cat, you get the idea.

Gabe
Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved

6 comments:

Capt Jaack said...

Cappy aren't these little tabs the best? I have one on the Pearl so I don't misplace her but not one on the wife, if you get me drift. Har!

Fionnula said...

are you that bad at misplacing things? i think it's a guy thing.

mobit22 said...

LOl I hate to tell you bit I put my. dad's wallet in a safe place eight .months ago and I haven't seen it since SIGH. It's probably with all the other things I put away to keep safe.

Anonymous said...

Fiona's right it has to be a guy thing. I thought I left my phone at home and heard it ringing. I had put it in my trouser pocket and forgotten all about it. My daughter got a laugh at least over it. I merely felt very old suddenly.

mobit22 said...

NOT a guy thing! So unlesd I've gotten a dose of testosterone somewhere,forgetfulness is in everyone. I just call my moments, senior moments. Wallet keys, even my giant ass phone.

Dew said...

Good job they came up with the GPS or else you men would all be sunk LOL