17 October, 2015

Fall in New Hampshire - Beautiful!

17 October 2015
790

R. Linda:

As a result of the dry September, we had in New England, October has burst forth wearing her party colours. The beauty of it all just floored me this year. Usually, New Hampshire is always an autumn guarantee of oohs and ahhs because of the vast amount of trees it has. Since the state is mostly rural, this is not even a thought in the minds of the natives. It has always been beautiful in the autumn and it is naturally expected to be so every fall. But this one, this one is spectacular!

I wish I had a Go-Pro because yesterday on me way to work, the leaves spiralled down doing that dance they do with the wind, and oh the colours! The road was a red carpet so brilliant and bright, the rain shower could not dull the colours. I decided to put a few pics up for you because I just want to share the loveliness that is New Hampshire where I live.

And, because you have an affinity for Halloween, I have put in some pics of decorations around the way.

Foliage and view first:

Looking toward Manchester, N.H.

Autumn yellows and golds

Pretty drive on N. H. country road

New Hampshire back road

Red, gold and orange



Blue skies - red leaves

Colours at the edge of the woods

Fall Road

Maple dressed for Autumn

Red Carpet

Leaves on a barn floor

Pumpkin bucket topiary

Pumpkin Tree

Red Leaf Path

Pumpkin Children

Floating Jacks

Ghost Pond

Barn Decor

Our ghost and vampire dining table

Mummy in the office

Ghostly dining room
Enjoy!

Gabe
Copyright © 2015 All rights reserved

8 comments:

Fionnula said...

you're gushing! canada is glorious too you know.

mobit22 said...

I keep forgetting about the new home. I REALLY Love the red and orange fall colors! TWO set tables? FANCY! You guys upper crust? Hope you're drinking your tea with the pinky raised! LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Yes, yes I be gushing and not afraid to admit it. I be sure Canada is lovely as well, but until I see photos I must say we have cornered the autumn market here.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I said me house but neighbours too. Upper crust, HA HA HA as upper crust as YOU. What would I do with two dining rooms?

mobit22 said...

well I saw two tables. It could happen! LMAO I could never even pretend to be upper crust I am sooo inappropriate on so many levels. Skull and body part collections. eyeball hunting., I do have to find a large dog skeleton or a dragon.

Tomas said...

Halloween is an Irish invention and I enjoy the season. I am off to Salem, Mass. for that day. I am told it is costumes, and festivities galore and we are looking forward to that. Your pictures make me want a side trip to New Hampshire. We may just do that too.

Dew said...

Tom, didn't the dress up tradition stem from back then in the day where they thought they could hide and disguise themselves from the bad spirits and ghosts? I enjoy the Halloween season too, special time of year for me. Gabe your pics are spectacular! The colours are absolutely breathtaking.

Tomas said...

Something like that Dew. The Druids used turnips not pumpkins after the holy ceremony in the woods on Samhain. They made turnip lanterns to see their way out of the dark forest, but carved faces to keep the spirits away. The dressing up came later by the common folk.