21 June, 2017

She Will Drive Me To Drink

21 June 2017
867

R. Linda:

Besides the fact, that I think I run a hotel ( think about that) my own immediate family, me Mam living with us, and me cousin Sean making no move to find a place of his own OR A JOB! I now have Dragon up for what looks like the summer! I want to know what is so wonderful about the New Hampshire woods when one lives on the Jersey shore in a big house with an ocean breeze all the time?

It was midsummer and not even a fairy was in sight because the witch was here. I know I sound unkind but when you think about who landed on her broomstick it isn't without merit I say what I do. Just last night she mistook one kind of food for another! You know she can't see a bloody thing!

Tonya had rung me to let me know she was going to be late and since Mam had conveniently taken herself out of the house (so she didn't have to put up with the Dragon), it was left to me (since I was on my way home) to make a simple dinner for the kiddos.

"I think there are hot dogs in the fridge, but I'm not sure if there is enough. Call my mom and ask her and if you need to, just pick another pack up. There are plenty of rolls." Tonya said.

"Oh, you call her for me, please," I begged.

"Can't. I'm late, bye." She hung up on me.

For joy! It took me 20 minutes to get the nerve to call the wicked witch and ask her to check out the hot dog situation, WHICH she found repugnant.

"Yes Gabriel, there is a full package of hot dogs." She informed me like it was an imposition.

When I got home, I turned on the grill, went to change and then got everything I needed out, the last being the hot dogs. This is what I got:

"Yes Gabriel, there is a full package. . ." Right

What she saw was this:

Yee-ah a full package of cherry tomatoes!

I tell ya the woman is something. I had to put everything back, turn off the grill, go back out, and drive the long drive to the grocery store, all because of her poor eyesight! Gees the woman!

By the time I got back both Tonya and Mam were home. Mam had cooked up some kind of Irish casserole out of odds and ends she found in the fridge. I will say the meal was better than hot dogs but still, I had to drive 45 minutes to the market and 45 minutes back! I had little to say.

This morning the Dragon does her usual regaling me of the news for the day. Now remember first thing in the morning I am not with it. I can hardly function until I've had at least two cups of joe. So when I am sitting there listening to the Dragon News Anchor Woman I get a little disturbed.

Take for example these gems that were shouted at me as I tried to enjoy my coffee.

"Brussels station suspect had mail bombs. My goodness, he must have stolen mail and made bombs out of them?" She didn't stop there. "Saudi king outs nephew for son, oh my." She wasn't finished. "Republicans jitterbug about health care. Hum." Yeah, hum indeed. "Valedictorian's mic cut off after he bashes stool." WHAT? Okay stop I wanted to shout but no she went on. "Chelsea Clinton slaps Bannon for fat sharing." PLEASE STOP! "Oscar legend Daniel Day-Lewis retreating from acting. Ooh, I wonder what happened? Who's after him?" And finally, "Trump votes love the shave. Well, he does shave every day, doesn't he? So what's the deal with loving to shave?"

I wanted to throw up my hands and say yes, everything you just read makes perfect sense. But I didn't, I did what I usually do which is, "Here give me that newspaper." I read all the headlines to her as they should be read but she was too focused on a valedictorian beating up a stool. Asked me Mam what kind of stool he beat on, was it a milking stool, a step stool and why a stool? I tell ya! That I have an ounce of sanity is nothing more than a miracle.  And me Mam, all she can do is sit there sipping her morning tea saying, "Oh dear, oh dear." Go ahead laugh, not funny when you are subject to this EVERY morning and I am not a morning person!

I was thinking I needed a vacation from family. I should do it, yes R. Linda, I could fly to Colorado and hunt snakes in your yard, OR I could fly to Scotland and pull up all the Weasil's prize rosebushes, OR I get a pair of hedge clippers and go give Dewdropper a haircut! OR maybe, just maybe I should join the pirate's life with Captain Jaack and drink meself into a stupor! Or, I could go find the guy with the good hair and watch him swing it out of his face all day. I dunno, there has to be something else besides concierge of Hotel O'Sully and personal waiter to a Dragon Lady, or matchmaker to a lazy cousin, ughhhhhhhh!

As me sainted little grey-haired apple-cheeked Mam says, "OH DEAR!"

Gabe
Copyright © 2017 All rights reserved

18 comments:

mobit22 said...

ROFLMAO nothing to say! I wouldn't want to be you!

mobit22 said...

Oh yeah! Don't come here ! Dragons follow you!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You're safe I wouldn't dream of it.

Fionnula said...

aw you are very welcome here, we won't serve hot dogs but a gourmet dinner if you come up. we can hide you in the canadian woods real well. she'll never find you.

mobit22 said...

Don't like the heat?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Don't like the snakes!

mobit22 said...

WHAT DMAKES???! Did I miss the memo? I live near the downtown atea, no snakes

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Oh liar liar pants on fire you told me how when the grass gets long you heave snakes out of it flinging them across the street.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Thank you I understand your husband is a chef. You must all eat well.

Dew said...

Hedge clippers? You'll have me ears off you will. Oi. All I know is the way I run out of things at the last minute, to have to drive 45 mins to the shop would do me in. I don't know how you do it!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

So that is why you have so much hair it hides your ears that stick out?LOL

mobit22 said...

What a typo! Dwaykes? I used to live farther away, close to the foothills! Snakes, yes, lots of them here? Nope

Dew said...

Damn. My secret is out!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Dmakes and Dwaykes wow 2 kinds of Colorado snakes! I bet they both bite.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Dew has been outed!

mobit22 said...

Big fat corn snakes and tons of garter snakes. I'll send you some!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Timber rattlers coming your way

Fionnula said...

he sure is and you will eat well if you come up to our neck of the woods